#hcoop Meeting

Meeting started by mcarberry at 20:12:08 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Attendance (mcarberry, 20:12:21)

  1. Paypal status update (mcarberry, 20:16:54)
    1. Paypal still limited to $500 (unknown_lamer, 20:23:07)
    2. unknown_lamer and nevetski will coordinate to get over to the bank this or next week, pending resolving scheduling conflicts between the two (unknown_lamer, 20:23:33)
    3. ACTION: unknown_lamer will verify that dell business accepts paypal (unknown_lamer, 20:29:46)

  2. New Server Discussion 2014 (mcarberry, 20:30:11)
    1. http://wiki.hcoop.net/IrcMeetings/Next has a few notes on my plan / finances for a server right now (unknown_lamer, 20:30:24)
    2. http://wiki.hcoop.net/NewServerDiscussion2014?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=pe515_2014-05-17.pdf (unknown_lamer, 20:30:46)
    3. ~$1800 needed to be fundraised for new server (mcarberry, 20:33:50)
    4. Vote: Authorize Clinton to spend up to $3500 for new servers and accessories (mcarberry, 21:18:03)
    5. AGREED: (mcarberry, 21:18:21)
    6. Vote: Authorize asking the members for server donations (mcarberry, 21:18:59)
    7. AGREED: (mcarberry, 21:19:10)
    8. Vote: Authorize taking loans from members with 24 month repayment period, with (mcarberry, 21:20:32)
    9. AGREED: Authorized taking loans from members with 24 month repayment period, with specific terms to be written (mcarberry, 21:21:26)
    10. ACTION: ntk Write terms for member loan funding (mcarberry, 21:21:57)
    11. ACTION: ntk will write the terms for the member loans and present them to the board for final approval later (unknown_lamer, 21:21:59)
    12. ACTION: unknown_lamer will implement the needed portal functionality to handle loans (unknown_lamer, 21:22:14)

  3. Net Neutrality Protest (mcarberry, 21:24:39)
    1. Baudtack proposed giving the FCC'ip block a 28.8kbps slowlane to hcoop.net (mcarberry, 21:25:31)
    2. ACTION: mcarberry will reasearch Mozilla petition regarding net neutrality and send findings to the board list (mcarberry, 21:31:35)
    3. ACTION: mcarberry will reach out to -discuss about possible statements/actions wrt net neutrality (mcarberry, 21:33:40)

  4. Proposed Bylaw and Policy Changes (mcarberry, 21:34:26)
    1. http://wiki.hcoop.net/ProposedBylawAndPolicyChanges baudtack had an idea for a change last year, in the context of replacing a board member who quits mid-term (unknown_lamer, 21:35:32)
    2. Vote: allow clinton record our DuesPolicy as currently practiced on a single page, and to further revise the policy to pro-rate the first month of dues effective whenever work on the portal is done (mcarberry, 21:48:28)
    3. AGREED: clinton will record our DuesPolicy as currently practiced on a single page, and to further revise the policy to pro-rate the first month of dues effective whenever work on the portal is done (mcarberry, 21:49:18)
    4. New Member Drive (mcarberry, 21:51:00)
    5. http://wiki.hcoop.net/HCoopAdvocacy needs dusting off, and we likely need more materials for spreading the word (unknown_lamer, 22:00:28)


Meeting ended at 22:18:19 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. unknown_lamer will verify that dell business accepts paypal
  2. ntk Write terms for member loan funding
  3. ntk will write the terms for the member loans and present them to the board for final approval later
  4. unknown_lamer will implement the needed portal functionality to handle loans
  5. mcarberry will reasearch Mozilla petition regarding net neutrality and send findings to the board list
  6. mcarberry will reach out to -discuss about possible statements/actions wrt net neutrality


Action items, by person

  1. mcarberry
    1. mcarberry will reasearch Mozilla petition regarding net neutrality and send findings to the board list
    2. mcarberry will reach out to -discuss about possible statements/actions wrt net neutrality
  2. ntk
    1. ntk Write terms for member loan funding
    2. ntk will write the terms for the member loans and present them to the board for final approval later
  3. unknown_lamer
    1. unknown_lamer will verify that dell business accepts paypal
    2. unknown_lamer will implement the needed portal functionality to handle loans


People present (lines said)

  1. unknown_lamer (169)
  2. mcarberry (126)
  3. ntk (78)
  4. nevetski (65)
  5. bipt (14)
  6. hcoopbot (2)
  7. ntk___ (1)
  8. ntk__ (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.